• The Village and Town of Warwick
• The Albert Wisner Public Library
• Sustainable Warwick
• Branded 845 Marketing & Devine Design
• Track 7 Postal Center
• Lowland Farm
• State Farm Insurance Agent, Anish Anand, 40 1/2 Main Street, Warwick
• Retro Modern Antiques
• Glen P. and Susan D. Dickes
• Warwick Village Dental, Robert J. Perri D.D.S.
• Cko Kickboxing, Warwick
• Free Spirit Nature Camp
• Owen V. McShane D.D.S. Family Dentistry
• Down 2 Earth Market, Florida, NY
• Earth Angels Studios, Florida, NY
• Fischer's Auto Body
• Chosun Yoga & Taekwondo Academy
• Warwick Thai Restaurant
• Rooster Tees
• Newhards the Home Source
Treecycle at Earth Fest has been made possible in part by
- The County of Orange and Orange County Tourism
- The Orange County Arts Council’s Community Arts Grant Program
Check them out at: Petty Young Dylans
Greenwood Lake Guitar Underground Music
The Moving Company Modern Dance Center
Lulu Acoustic Duo, Laura Wurtser, Joe Mulhaupt
Arm of the Sea Theater
Please help us paint the town Green for Earth Fest Warwick 2019
We would like to invite you to be a sponsor for the very popular Treecycle at Earth Fest Warwick, a hands-on, family friendly arts day using repurposed material, now in its 4th year. For sponsorship levels and rewards see below. Sponsorship Form
On May 4th and 5th, Stanley Deming Park will be transformed to celebrate Warwick’s commitment to re-use, repair, and re-creation. Produced by local non-profit Wickham Works, we’re expecting over 1000 folks to participate in honoring Warwick’s leadership as a sustainable community.
Treecycle takes place on Saturday, May 4, 10AM-5PM. Folks of all ages have a chance to get inspired by tree sculptures made from salvaged household items, meet the artists, and do some creative re-purposing themselves. Participants pick up practical tips to reduce their environmental footprint while having fun. Local artists, youth groups, and makers are busily working on tree sculptures, up-cycled craft demonstrations, a Kids Take-Apart table, Build-a-Bot station, Cardboard City maze with Tech hacks, and a Scavenger hunt. There’ll be a bike tune-up clinic, Makers Market selling environmentally friendly products, sustainability information tables, performances from local musicians, dancers, and puppeteers, and food vendors.
Treecycle is 100% homegrown – our volunteers work with numerous youth groups in the area to raise awareness of sustainability, give kids the opportunity to work alongside artists and social activists, and become leaders in the their own communities. Some of the groups we’ll be working with this year include, the Green Team from Sanfordville Elementary, the Change Makers Club at the Warwick Middle School, the Teen Advisory Board at the Albert Wisner Public Library, the Youth Leadership Team at the Warwick Valley Community Center, and we continue to reach further and collaborate with other groups in the region.
It’s important to us that Earth Fest is a free public event, open to all. We’re happy to say that Treecycle has been awarded small grants from OC Tourism and OC Arts Council to help out with stipends for artists and promotion. However, we are completely reliant on our sponsors to fund the activities we provide. With your help we can put on a fantastic day of creative fun for all. Please make a tax-deductible donation.
• $50 donation: sponsors receive a screen-printed Earth Festival T-shirt and their name listed as a Friend of Earth Fest on the event page.
• Raffle donation: Basket of locally made or grown items or gift certificates for the Love Local Raffle. Sponsors may include promotional material for display with their basket, have their name listed as a Friend of Earth Fest on the event page, and receive a screen-printed Earth Festival T-shirt
• $100* Sponsor an activity: Sponsors name/logo will be displayed by the activity, their name listed as a Friend of Earth Fest on the event page, and receive a screen-printed Earth Festival T-shirt.
• $200* Sponsor a Tree: Your name/logo on one of our artists’ tree sculptures, name listed as a Friend of Earth Fest on the event page, shout-outs on Earth Fest social media, and receive an Earth Festival T-shirt and Treecycle reusable tote bag.
• $500* and above: Sponsors will be acknowledged in Earth Fest social media and print promotion materials, be listed as a Special Friend of Earth Fest on event page, including logo display, receive 2 Earth Festival T-shirts and a Treecycle reusable tote bag.
* Sponsors of $100 or more may set up an information table free of charge in our information booth area at Treecycle on May 4th.
Please complete the Sponsorship Form and include it with your donation. Checks can be made payable to: Wickham Works Inc.
3 Forester Ave, Unit 8, Warwick, NY 10990. Or you can go to our secure PayPal donation button on our website.
Treecycle at Earth Fest Warwick 2019
100% of donations go toward Earth Day Festival/Treecycle.
Wickham Works Inc. is a 501-c-3. Donations are tax deductible. Keep a copy of this form for your records.
CALL FOR ARTISTS!
Treecycle is a hands-on community art project and exhibition held in Warwick, New York. Produced by Wickham Works, it is in its 4th year. Orange County artists and community groups are invited to create tree sculptures from material intercepted from the waste stream. These sculptures are displayed at Earth Fest Warwick and other arts events around the county. In 2017 & 2018 Treecycle received funding from the Orange County Arts Council’s Community Arts Grant, providing a stipend for guest artists.
If you would like to be considered as a Treecycle artist for 2019, please submit a short paragraph describing your project idea to Melissa Shaw-Smith at email@example.com.
Deadline, February 15th.
TREECYCLE ARTIST GUIDELINES FOR 2019
Theme: Forest of the Future
• Create a “Tree” sculpture from repurposed material to be installed and exhibited on Saturday, May 4th at Earth Fest Warwick, 10AM-4PM. Sculptures may have an interactive component for viewers.
• Keep a storyboard diary of the project as it evolves, to be displayed alongside you Tree – could be photos, drawings, video, journal etc.
• Be available on Saturday, May 4th to attend Treecycle at Earth Fest.
• Either, help out with one hands-on making workshop with area youth groups between February and April 2019 OR help out at Build-a-Bot at Treecycle, a hands-on making session with Treecycle visitors, using repurposed material.
Creative Director, Wickham Works
More about Earth Fest . . .
Earth Fest Warwick, Saturday, May 4th and Sunday, May 5th, 2019, 10-4PM at Stanley Deming Park, Warwick, 10990.
The two day event celebrating re-use, repair, and re-creating in our community will feature Too Good to Toss, the third annual free community swap, and Treecycle the fourth hands-on, family friendly, arts day using repurposed material.
Too Good To Toss: Warwick town residents may drop off gently used items from a list of acceptable goods to the basketball court on Friday, May 3rd, 5-7PM, and Saturday, May 4th 10AM-4PM. The public is invited to shop for free on Sunday, May 5th, 10AM-4PM.
Treecycle: Saturday, May 4, 10AM-4PM. Hosted by local artists and makers, events include a Bike Repair Café – come get a spring tune-up, upcycled craft demonstrations, a kids Take-apart table and Build-a-bot station, cardboard maze, scavenger hunt, and an exhibition of sculpture “trees” made by local artists and youth groups. There will be a local makers market selling environmentally friendly products, information tables, and food vendors. Local musicians and performers will entertain.
Wickham Works is releasing its 2019 screen printed calendar this December. With a bit-o-knowledge about screen printing and alot of forearm strength we set out to edition 125 copies of a 12-month calendar. You can buy a copy of the calendar here and support local making.
The Wickham Works "Love Local Holiday Market" is a celebration; a coming together of community, a unity during a joyful time, and turning strangers into new friends. It is also showcase of our neighbors work, and a mutual passion for hand crafted, Hudson Valley grown, locally sourced and New York made.
Bring your family or meet up with friends to enjoy live music, and delight at the magic of the upcoming holiday season. Area makers will be happy to answer all your questions and help you find meaningful gifts for everyone on your list. Keep your little ones entertained with "Make and Take" projects, and other activities while you relax with a perfect coffee or tea in our English cafe. We will be well stocked with culinary delights, baked treats and other savories. Whimsical, holiday decorations are handmade by regional artists and the local performing arts group Interactive Noise Collective and holiday wreaths from area farms will be available. There is so much to enjoy in this wonderland setting!
"Like" and follow the FACEBOOK EVENT: https://www.facebook.com/events/306090503309938/
See and share images from shows on Instagram: #wickhamworksmakersmarket
Wickham Works on INSTAGRAM: @wickhamworksmakerspace
Want to learn about our makers? Click below to see our maker of the day:
Friday 23 & Saturday 24, November, 10am-6pm
Location: Warwick Community Center, 11 Hamilton Ave, Warwick, NY 10990
For 2018 we are bringing the very successful Wickham Works Thanksgiving market into the village of Warwick to make it easier for customers. Deadline for the application is September 30th. We have 3 sized booths on offer, but numbers of each are limited. To get your booth of choice we highly recommend you apply early. This is a juried event. Vendors will be notified of acceptance by October 5th. No application fee!